Tuesday, October 02, 2007

How have you been?

We're all doing fine here - all three of us! I'm into my 12th week of pregnancy and things are going great! This is the last week of my first trimester, so I'm almost a third of the way through, and we're starting to settle into this pregnancy even more. We're so thankful that our baby looks healthy and that everything is going smoothly.

I'm feeling great most of the time and really haven't started to "feel" too pregnant yet (except when I'm cooking - yuck! - and visiting the bathroom several times each night - maybe I need to stop drinking so much before bed!). Last Tuesday at Bible study, I felt a strange tapping/fluttering/bubbling feeling. I know it's a little early to feel the baby move, and I haven't felt that sensation since (which would make sense as the baby has so much room in there right now), but I can't help but think that's what the feeling was. I have my next doctor's appointment a week from today, so I'll let you know how it goes.

We're starting to clear out the room we're using for the baby's nursery and getting ready to paint and begin setting up. We're thinking about painting it a color that will work for either a boy or a girl (maybe a robin's egg/aqua color), since we plan on keeping that room as the nursery for any other babies we have in the future. We're planning on finding out the baby's gender, and we'll be able to decorate the room to be a little more gender-specific after that.

We're pretty excited and will definitely post pictures as things (including my stomach) develop!

No comments: