Thursday, October 04, 2007

One Cool Bro


So often in families, it seems as if genius is concentrated into one set of genes, delivered specifically to one child. My little brother, Ryan, is that child. He's a smarty alright, and I am the proud sister. I just found this clip of my brother's senior recital from this past spring, right before he graduated as a dual major mathematician/first-in-his-class piano extraordinaire. He says the two are related. I don't know, I think that peanuts and rocky-road ice cream are related. Although I technically understand, the relationship between music and advanced mathematical theorems gives me doubts.

Regardless, it was so cool to hear this in-person last spring. He really rocked the house, in a classical sort of way. (To hear him, click on the above link and check out the right side of the web page. His clip is the third from the top, titled "Clips from 2007 Senior Recital: Ryan Ransdell".)

Have a great day!

No comments: