Saturday, August 09, 2008

Mama loves Ian



Being Ian's mommy is so much fun! I couldn't imagine a better way to spend my days. Our sweet monkey is now fifteen weeks and over fourteen pounds. His chub is so wonderfully kissable! We experienced his first laugh this past weekend and he has been giggling up a storm over the last couple days. He loves reading books, singing silly songs, and playing airplane. He likes snuggling with daddy when he gets home from work and being carried close to mama during the day.
Life with Ian is just amazing! It's neat seeing things through his eyes. We have been getting lots of heavy rain the past week. A few days ago, we opened up the back door and stood just inside the house smelling the rain and watching it form a rushing stream in the ditch adjacent to our back-yard. A look of wonderment crossed Ian's face, and I realized that he was seeing rain and feeling it's refreshing breeze for the first time. How privileged I am to experience these firsts with him!



3 comments:

The Gerster Family said...

Cute! 14 pounds?! WOW! That is what Mia is right now too. :) Your pictures are great.

I can't wait to see you guys again...it's been way too long

Jess said...

I LOVE the fact that in every picture Ian has this "what are you doing to me" look on his face LOL *hugs*

Jen Kershner said...

What a beautiful family you have Tara. That little guy is just so smoochable. I loved listening to the clip of your brother playing piano. It was just the right way to start my morning. Jen